Thursday 18 September 2014

Post #3 Inspired by Cheryls XFactor Makeup!

How many times have you said 'Aww get on with it..' and put up with the advert a minute on XFactor just to see Cheryls amazing inspiring Make Up?!
I had to do a post when she broke her bronze smokey eye normal look and went for a sweep of purple under the lash line, I'm not even sure if sweep is a word, but I'm rolling with it anyway, it was gorgeous!

To compliment the purple eye, she wore a soft rosy lip and a strong bronzed contour. I have done a look inspired by this and would like to share all the tips and all the products I used for the main parts.



SO firstly for the eyes, I prepped with Studio Finish concealer and then used Smoulder Kohl Liner on my waterline top and bottom. I then used a #239 Eye Shader Brush to place Tailor Grey Paint Pot where I knew I wanted the purple to be.
(Using a paint pot underneath any pigment will make it appear a lot bolder and more intense)
I then buffed a little bit of Cork Eyeshadow with a #224 Tapered Blending Brush to soften the edges of the paint pot. I used Naked Pigment to highlight all underneath the brow using this same brush.



The main tool I used was a #219 Pencil Brush - this is great for precision shading on the lid and crease and for this look along the lash line. I took Violet Pigment all under the lash line and then out towards the end of my brow. Using this brush I then went over the top lash line and blended a little more Cork over the top to soften.
Here I am wearing a little Blacktrack liner close to the lashes and #34 Lashes.


For the bronzed contour I used the MAC BB cream in Refined Golden and used this under the cheekbones and along the hairline. To highlight I used Light Boost Pen in a V shape under my eye and then blended Hush Cream Colour Base over my cheekbones to create a really nice dewy finish.

You're all going to kill me when I tell you that the Lipstick was a limited edition Cremesheen called Morning Rose..BUT the nearest to it is now Fanfare which is a favourite of mine to use when you want to go quite girly and natural on the lips.

Cheryl has a new Make Up Artist this series and I have found her really inspiring, if you want to follow her on Instagram or Twitter it is @karindarnell - she sometimes shares her secrets and products shes used which is always appreciated too!

Let me know what you think!
Mac Potato xx
Lots of Love

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12843467/?claim=tefjq8at9s6">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Mac Potato xx

No comments:

Post a Comment